News & Events
Welcome to our e-learning course on:
Leadership in the public sector
The overall aim of the course is to strengthen the competences required by public sector leaders and public servants for the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals.
The course was developed by UNITAR with the support of a global task-force of leadership experts.
Click here to know more about our course
new leadership portfolio officially launched at the High-Level Political Forum
10 July, 2018
New York, United States
The meeting of the high-level political forum on sustainable development in 2018 convened under the auspices of the Economic and Social Council will be held from Monday, 9 July, to Wednesday, 18 July 2018; including the three-day ministerial meeting of the forum from Monday, 16 July, to Wednesday, 18 July 2018.
The theme will be "Transformation towards sustainable and resilient societies". The set of goals to be reviewed in depth will be the following, including Goal 17. Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the Global Partnership for Sustainable Development.
21 JUNE, 2018
21 June 2018, Marrakech, Morocco - The United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) organized a side-event at the United Nations Public Service Forum. The side-event previewed UNITAR’s upcoming platform and courses on leadership in the public sector. It consisted of a demo of the platform, a presentation of substantive leadership topics, and a practical exercise on the link between personality and leadership development.
To explore how personal qualities of an individual influence his or her leadership style, Ms. Tania Hummel, HR consultant, executive coach, and senior advisor to UNITAR delivered a session on psychological concepts of leadership, specifically the Jungian Typology and the OCEAN big 5.
15-17 May, 2018
The United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) organized a three-day Leadership Workshop at the Palais des Nations. The workshop was part of UNITAR’s online course on Collaborative Leadership and was facilitated by former UN Assistant Secretary-General and Executive Director of UNITAR, Ms. Sally Fegan-Wyles. It was the third edition in a series of yearly roll-outs. Fifteen diplomats and senior United Nations staff participated.
1 March, 2018
London, United Kingdom
The International Maritime Organization (IMO) and the United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) organized a Task Force meeting to review the creation of a new training platform on Leadership in the Public Sector.
As part of the meeting, representatives from IMO and UNITAR also explored enhanced collaboration between the two UN agencies related to Sustainable Development Goal 5 and gender empowerment. Through its gender and capacity-building programme, IMO seeks to strategically enhance the contribution of women as key maritime stakeholders.
- May 28, 2019 – May 31, 2019 Collaborative Leadership Workshop May 28, 2019 – May 31, 2019
- Jan 21, 2019 – Mar 22, 2019 Leadership in the Public Sector : e-learning course 2019 Jan 21, 2019 – Mar 22, 2019
- Oct 8, 2018 – Oct 10, 2018 5th Leadership Development Workshop Oct 8, 2018 – Oct 10, 2018
- Aug 1, 2018 – Oct 1, 2018 Leadership in the Public Sector Course: e-learning course, Pilot Aug 1, 2018 – Oct 1, 2018
- Jul 10, 2018 Launch-Event at the High Level Political Forum Jul 10, 2018
- Jun 21, 2018 Side-Event at the United Nations Public Service Forum Jun 21, 2018
- May 15, 2018 – May 17, 2018 4th Leadership Development Workshop May 15, 2018 – May 17, 2018
- Mar 1, 2018 UNITAR and IMO organize meeting on Leadership Development Mar 1, 2018